Wednesday, 27 June 2012

The Chemo Guy

© Rebecca Teal

My Bone Scan results are fine :o)

Today I saw The Chemo Guy. He copped a feel and had a squidge…I started a bit when, as he was measuring with his measuring thing, he said out loud “5cm”. “Um…it was only 3cm before”, I said. “Swelling”, he said, “from the biopsy” “Phew!”

He told us the procedure for the treatment, which drugs he’ll be using and the 5842 side effects. You wouldn’t believe some of that stuff. So, yikes! It seems I have to stay as healthy as I can because my immune system will be compromised. I have to take my temperature twice a day and if it reaches 37.5 I have to call the clinic. So I shall be avoiding hotness and steaminess but not naughtiness ;o) In my favour I have the health and fitness of a thirty year old, a diet which is as good as it gets and a pretty darn healthy lifestyle.

I have an appointment booked to have a coil marker inserted nest week (I googled images…SO wish I hadn’t!) along with the already booked CT Scan and Heart Echo and chemotherapy will start in about two weeks.

All good news so far, apart from the obvious crap stuff and I’m hoping the CT Scan keeps it good.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for keeping us abreast of the situation.

    ReplyDelete